ASEAN MICE Forum
For All IT&CMA Delegates
Advancing ASEAN’s latest MICE development and insights on an international scale through conversation between the region’s key partners and the global community.
- When: 22 September 2022, Thursday | 1040 to 1140hrs, 1400 to 1500hrs
- Venue: Lotus Suite 5, Level 22, BCC
Review of 2019 ASEAN MICE Forum
Building A Sustainable MICE City - What We Need To Do To Get It Right?
26 September 2019, Thursday | 1040 - 1140hrs | Lotus Suite 5, Level 22, BCC
What makes a destination city successful for business events now and long into the future? Why are some destinations not building a sustainable MICE city? Hear from our speakers on the challenges destinations face in creating sustainable business models, and what they must do to be able to go beyond leisure travel and attract business event planners in the long term.
- Rob Cotter, International Reporter, Meetings International
- Asako Shiomi, Manager, Osaka Convention and Tourism Bureau
- Bert van Walbeek, Managing Director, The Winning Edge
- Hosea Andreas Runkat (Andre), Vice Chairman, Indonesia Convention and Exhibition Bureau (INACEB)
SMART Cities - Leveraging MICE to Diversify and Support Economic Growth
26 September 2019, Thursday | 1400 - 1500hrs | Lotus Suite 5, Level 22, BCC
This session looks into what destinations are doing to align their MICE industries with their governments’ key economic growth strategies and how they can leverage MICE events to maximise economic and community benefits. It will provide examples of how this is being done across the Asia region and how governments are making the connection between economic growth strategies, economic diversity and MICE, especially in the transformation of their economies from manufacturing to creative and knowledge economies.
- Mike Williams, Senior Consultant and Partner, GainingEdge
- Pairach Piboonrungroj, Director of MICE Excellence Centre, Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University